Thursday, January 6, 2011

Visit to Vet

I took Strider in to our local vet today and his blood counts are normal with no signs of anemia or infection, so I guess we are good to go for the next round of chemo on Monday.

However... he had gained back all the weight he had lost and was back to just over 100.  That's good news for how he is feeling, but I guess I am going to have to back off the cheeseburgers and the amount of food I am giving him.  I would like to see him stay right where he is in weight.  It gives him some buffer if the chemo causes him to lose his appetite, but I don't want him getting too fat.  Dr. R said he is looking about like he would expect at this stage of his treatment.  I'm anxious about the chemo, but at least we have a week or so after the treatment before he might feel badly, so that gives him about another 10 or 11 days from now before I expect any problems.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya. I just stumbled across your blog. My dog has just finished her 17 dose course of post-surgery radiation for a nasal adenocarcinoma. So far the radiation burns are very bad and she is sleeping 90 per cent of the day. I feel the same guilt and confusion about how sick she seems now, compared with before treatment, however i am trying to stay strong and wait it out. I wish you and stryder the best of luck. I hope he will recover and live well past expected time. I know what you are going through and how much it hurts. Will check back periodically.

    ReplyDelete